Hawaii School Nutrition Association Mission:
- Promote the optimal health, nutrition and education of all children by supporting nutritionally adequate and educationally sound, financially accountable, nonprofit child nutrition and school community nutrition programs.
- Promote high standards of child nutrition and school community programs with emphasis on nutritionally adequate meals that are appealing to children.
- Promote united efforts between school personnel, allied organizations, industry and the public to assure every child an opportunity to receive the benefits of the child nutrition and nutrition education programs.
- Promote high standards and provide appropriate educational programs, incentives and recognition for professional development of child nutrition personnel
- Promote research and development in child nutrition programs.
- Promote the establishment of a national nutrition policy and legislation which provides optimal nutrition and nutrition education for children.
- Promote the involvement of students and the school community in child nutrition programs.
- Promote membership and provide services to members.
- Collaboration, Relationship Building and Teamwork
- Caring Commitment and Service
- Lifelong Wellness and Healthy Lifestyles
- Passion for Lifelong Learning and Professional Development
- Integrity and Ethics
I. Education & Professional Development
School nutrition professionals will have the necessary knowledge, skills and expertise to administer, manage and deliver healthy school meal programs.
II. Advocacy and Public Image
Policy makers, school officials and parents will rely on SNA as the authority for designing and funding school meal programs.
School nutrition programs nationwide will be strengthened through collaboration with members, state affiliates, industry and allied partners.
SNA will have a financially sustainable funding model with a nimble governance structure and headquarters staff organization that is aligned with the strategic plan and reflects contemporary association business practices.